If you are a big fan of windsurfing Korthi is definitely a unique destination. The sport is particularly loved by everybody not only by the locals. It is worth noting that in the summer of 2000 held the world youth championship of windsurfing with important distinctions and enormous success overseas. The beach Mylos at Korthi bay is one of the top preferences for windsurfers due to the strong Cycladic winds that blows throughout the area.
This particular beach is offering the opportunity for courses in initial, moderate and advanced level as well as the ability to rent surfboards.
More and more visitors, are choosing Andros for the amazing hiking trails. In the context of an organized program of enhancement and maintenance of traditional stone paths, marked hiking trails have been established with intermediate stations. The path through the lush vegetation of the island and the traditional architecture of the small villages makes a wonderful choice for those looking for alternative forms of tourism.
Recommended routes for the lovers of hiking are:
- Chora – Sineti – Dipotamata Valley – Kochilou – Korthi (10km)
- Chora – Vourkoti – Apikia (6,5km)
- Chora – Moni Panachrantou – Ipsilou – Lamira – Messaria (10Km)
- Vourkoti – Profitis Ilias – Agioi Saranta – Arni – Katakilos - Batsi (6,5km)
- Ano Aprovatou – Pitrofos – Strapouries - Lamira (11,5km)
- Agios Nicolaos – Achla (and back) ( (4 Km)